Our dedicated team of professional staff are committed to providing patients with the highest standards of care. Throughout our patients’ stay, from pre-admission to discharge, each patient will be treated with the utmost respect and dignity.
Pre-admission is an important part of your hospital care. To ensure we can confirm your admission, financial and other arrangements, we ask that you:
- Fill in the online admission form, or complete the admission form that you would have received from your doctor, as soon as possible and send it back to the day surgery.
Please have the following ready when you fill in your admission form:
- If you have any concerns with step 1, please telephone 02 6681 9999.
If you have private health cover, please contact your health fund prior to check for any excess or waiting periods. We know that health and billing charges can be difficult to understand and we are happy to assist in any way we can, however we also advise that you seek clarification from your doctor and health fund.
Nursing Pre-admission Information
You may be contacted by telephone prior to your day of admission by our Pre-admission Nurse. If you are contacted:
- Your medical history will be reviewed with you and admission and discharge details discussed.
- Please take this opportunity to discuss any concerns regarding your admission
Your doctor will notify the hospital of the date of your procedure / operation and inform you of your day and time of admission. Your doctor will also explain your procedure or operation and complete the consent form with you.
On the day of admission
Please check in with Reception at the time indicated by your doctor.
Your doctor or hospital will have informed you of the scheduled time for your surgery and subsequent fasting times, this means nothing to eat or drink, including water, prior to your operation.
Please bring anything applicable to your admission including:
- doctors admission letter and or consent forms (if you have completed admission forms on-line)
- regular medications
- relevant x-rays and or test results
DO NOT (unless your doctor gives you special instructions):
- Smoke cigarettes or chew gum
- Wear jewellery. A wedding ring and watch are permitted
- Bring valuables i.e. mobile phone and large amounts of cash
- Wear make-up or nail polish
- Please shower on the day of admission and put on clean clothes
- Wear garments that are comfortable and easy to remove
- Check with your nurse before informing relatives/friends regarding the time that you should be picked up.